Based in Nantes, France
Twin Stick Shooter / Puzzle Game
No of players:
September 11, 2012
Transcripted is the unexpected result of a mix between the twin stick shooter genre and a match-3 puzzle game. It’s like Geometry Wars colliding with Zuma and yet with its rich storyline and dual difficulty system, there’s pretty much only one of its kind.
- Unique mix of gameplay between a twin stick shooter and a match-3 puzzle game.
- A dual difficulty system for the shooting and puzzling part to offer a fair challenge to everyone.
- A very progressive difficulty curve with lots of mechanics unlocked along the 25 levels.
- Good replayability through a skill tree system and scoring awards.
- High def 2D graphics with dynamic lighting.
- A rich storyline supported by 45 minutes of voiced dialogues.
During the summer of 2009, Alkemi was still not officially created but the first game prototype of the team emerged : it was a Flash version of Transcripted. A year and a half later, when the financial health of the company was secured, Transcripted was still the most efficient and successful prototype of the studio. The production of a full fledged version of the game built with Unity began at the very end of 2010. After a year and a half of work on the game, and beside the game to find the necessary funds, Transcripted was published in september 2012 on Steam, on other digital retailers and even in box version by Topware Interactive.
Four months later, Alkemi initiated a legal procedure against Topware. To this day, Alkemi earned absolutely nothing from the sales of the game and doesn’t even know how many copies of the game have been sold. Without a court decision to revert the publishing rights, the studio can’t even distribute the game by itself until the end of 2015.
Though the game was quite inconspicuous when released thanks to a botched communication, it got a few quite good reviews from the press and players.
Logo & Icon
- "in a marketplace where developers are mashing together genres like George Mendel blending plant species, it shines as one of the finer efforts"
- Gamespot, http://www.gamespot.com/
- "an absolutely ingenious mashup of two concepts that work so phenomenally well together that you can’t ever imagine them being apart"
- EGM, http://www.egmnow.com/
- "Attention, vous pourriez bien développer une dangereuse addiction pour ce concept envoûtant !"
- JeuxVideo.com, http://www.jeuxvideo.com/
Alkemi is a small french independent studio focused on creating original and polished games with a tendency to mix genres in unexpected ways. The main goal of the team : creating medium sized games with high production value, appealing to hardcore players but not exclusively.
More information on Alkemi, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Creative director, Alkemi
Lead developer, Potion Of Wit
Artist & game designer, Alkemi
Plug In Digital